Monday, August 29, 2005

I haven't come on here to write any stories about work because...well, to be honest, I'm so disillusioned by it that the thought of spending any energy talking about it makes me think twice before coming on here.

The patients are the only thing with any sort of variety around there...Otherwise, nothing ever changes... Most patient complaints are the same: fever, difficulty breathing, chest pain, injuries, nausea/vomiting, etc... The faces and last names change but, from a medical standpoint, we treat about 10 different complaints. That's it.

There's alot of unprofessional behavior going on as well... Which, too, is nothing new.

I had seen a light at the end of the tunnel not too long ago, but realizing that I'd probably miss school once I graduate makes me think I'll probably stay there longer...The flexibility would probably allow me to get a graduate degree faster than if I changed to a 9-5 job of course. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. This also means that I'll continue to wish I worked somewhere else for a longer amount of time.

Having that bachelor's degree will make me somewhat ashamed to admit that I'm still at a dead end, 10/hour job, because thecommon thought is that once you've got a college degree more doors open up for you...that you're supposed to move up in your life...and I'm so afraid that I'll still be there...

The problem is that this is all I've done...EVER. Y'know, as a job. I never worked anywhere else in my entire "professional" life (whatever that means), so all creative thought as to what I'd like to do feels stifled. I have no idea where to go from here.

I COULD put all the experience I've acquired on my resume...but I'm afraid it's only good for continuing on a healthcare track...and I don't really wanna do that.

What company will be impressed with the fact that I can start an IV on a 3 day old baby unless it's a nursing staff company, a hospital, or doctor's office?

Yea. That's what I thought.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home