Thursday, March 17, 2005

Surprising

Hmm... I don't usually find myself saying this, but I'm really glad I went to work today, even if it was just for four hours. At night, no less. In fact, I wanted to stay all night long.

Something's not right with me today, and being at work made me forget how crappy I felt all day.

I was anxious, I felt sick, I was kinda down, and my brain wouldn't shut off. Going to work can be a great thing when you feel that way. It's almost mind numbing. In fact, I think being at work is the closest thing to being able to quiet my usually loud and disorganized thoughts. It's just a mask, but it works quite well. I'm too caught up in other people to think about my life, and today I welcomed that more than anything in the world.

My good deed for the night was finally getting that IV on this adorable little girl who'd been stuck a million times between yesterday and today. It feels good when I can bring that comfort to the child, and to the parents as well.

The atmosphere was so different tonight (compared to working the dayshift), that I actually thought for a second, "hey, I'd work nights if every night was like this". Then I remember this particular dynamic duo that works at night and I take it all back. If ever, oh ever, they leave the department and I'm still there, count me in for the nightshift. Also, it's more money; I'd definitely welcome the extra cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home